Analyst Update: Hawaiian Holdings, JA Solar, QLogic

Analysts adjusted their ratings on Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (HA), JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (ADR) (JASO), and QLogic Corporation (QLGC)

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM
facebook X logo linkedin


Analysts are weighing in today on Hawaiian Airlines parent Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:HA), alternative energy concern JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (ADR) (NASDAQ:JASO), and networking specialist QLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QLGC). Here's a quick look at today's brokerage notes on HA, JASO, and QLGC.

  • Shares of HA are in free fall this morning, down over 26% to hit $19.59, following in-line fourth-quarter earnings and news that a key revenue measure for the company will decline in the first quarter. (However, the security is still up a staggering 92.8% on a year-over-year basis.) In response, Cowen and Company cut its price target to $24 from $27, while Deutsche Bank raised its price target to $31 from $27 while underscoring a "buy" rating. Meanwhile, bearish sentiment in Hawaiian Holdings, Inc.'s options pits is ramping up, with the stock's 10-day International Securities Exchange (ISE), Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), and NASDAQ OMX PHLX (PHLX) put/call volume ratio of 0.58 resting in the 87th percentile of its annual range. The brokerage bunch is divided on the stock, with 43% rating it a "strong buy," and the remaining 57% doling out a "hold" rating.

  • On the other hand, JASO is up about 1.2% today to trade at $7.87, after RBC bumped its price target by $1 to $13 while upgrading the stock to "outperform" from "sector perform." Year-over-year, the equity has shed over 14% of its value. The brokerage bunch is still optimistic about JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (ADR), though, with three out of four covering analysts rating the stock a "buy" or better. Even so, sentiment in the options pits is bearish, with JASO's 10-day ISE/CBOE/PHLX put/call volume ratio of 0.97 sitting higher than all but 18% of similar readings taken in the last year. It is worth noting that near-term options for JASO are historically cheap, per its Schaeffer's Volatility Index (SVI) of 54%, which is in the 16th percentile of its annual range.

  • QLGC is also headed higher today, up roughly 3.4% to hit $13.12, while notching a two-year high of $14.20 along the way. Last night, QLogic Corporation released an impressive earnings report, prompting three brokerage firms to up their price targets on the stock. Specifically, RBC raised its price target to $15 from $13 while underscoring an "outperform" rating, BMO lifted its price target to $15.50 from $14.50 while upgrading its expectation to "outperform" from "market perform," and D.A. Davidson increased its price target to $18 while reiterating a "buy" recommendation. Despite the good news, sentiment in the options pits is bearish, with QLGC's Schaeffer's put/call open interest ratio (SOIR) of 0.60 sitting higher than 80% of all similar readings taken over the past year.
 

Target Effortless Triple-Digit Gains Every Sunday Evening For Life!

This is your chance to triple your profit potential on Sunday evenings, without spending all your free time watching the market.

On Sundays, as a Weekend Plus subscriber, you’ll get up to 6 trades every Sunday, each targeting gains of 200% or more.

Start targeting gains like the ones our subscribers have seen recently, including:

213.3% GAIN on AutoNation calls
100.0% GAIN on Monster Beverage calls
100.4% GAIN on Walgreens Boots Alliance puts
100.4% GAIN on ON Semiconductor calls
257.7% GAIN on Dell calls

101.0% GAIN on Apollo Global Management calls
103.6% GAIN on JP Morgan  Chase calls
105.3% GAIN on DraftKings calls
101.3% GAIN on Airbnb calls
203.0% GAIN on Shopify calls
102.0% GAIN on Cboe Global Markets calls
100.9% GAIN on Boeing calls
102.1% GAIN on Microsoft puts
102.3% GAIN on First Solar calls
101.5% GAIN on PulteGroup calls
101.0% GAIN on Apple calls
209.4% GAIN on NXP Semiconductors calls
100.8% GAIN on Uber Technologies calls
100.4% GAIN on Academy Sports and Outdoors puts
102.2% GAIN on Trade Desk calls
100.8% GAIN on DoorDash calls
100.0% GAIN on Camping World Holdings puts
100.0% GAIN on Cboe Global Markets calls
100.2% GAIN on C3.ai calls
238.5% GAIN on Oracle calls

 
 
 


 
 

Rainmaker Ads CGI