Legal Notices & Disclaimers
Schaeffer's Investment Research ("SIR" or "we" or "us") is not registered as an investment adviser. SIR relies upon the "publishers' exclusion" from the definition of investment adviser under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and corresponding state securities laws. As such, SIR does not offer or provide personalized advice. We publish information about companies in which we believe our readers may be interested and this information reflects our sincere opinions. The information that we provide or that is derived from our website is not intended to be, and should not be construed in any manner whatsoever as, personalized advice. Also, our website and the information provided by us should not be construed by any subscriber or prospective subscriber as SIR's solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect, any transaction in a security. Investments in the securities markets, and especially in options and futures, are speculative and involve substantial risk. The information that we provide or that is derived from our website should not be a substitute for advice from an investment professional. We encourage you to obtain personal advice from your professional investment advisor and to make independent investigations before acting on the information that you obtain from SIR or derive from our website. Only you can determine what level of risk is appropriate for you.
- Prior to buying or selling an option, an investor should read and understand the booklet "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options." You can access and download a copy of the booklet on The Options /Clearing Corporations'(OCC) website at http://www.theocc.com/publications/risks/riskchap1.jsp. This link reference is provided as a courtesy and does not imply that the OCC is endorsing SIR or its products. This booklet is also available for free from your broker or from any of the U.S. options exchanges or you can call SIR toll-free at 1-800-327-8833 and we will be happy to send one to you. If this is your first service with us, a booklet will be included with your welcome materials.
- Prior to buying or selling a future, an investor should read and understand the booklet "Security Futures: An Introduction to Their Use and Risks." You can access and download a copy of the booklet at the National Futures Association website at http://www.nfa.futures.org/investor/security_futures/security_futures.pdf. This link reference is provided as a courtesy and does not imply that the National Futures Association is endorsing SIR or its products. This booklet is available from your broker or from any of the US Futures Exchanges or you can call SIR toll-free at 1-800-327-8833 and we will be happy to send one to you. If this is your first futures service with us, a booklet will be included with your welcome materials.
- We encourage our readers to invest carefully and to utilize the information available at the websites of the Securities and Exchange Commission at http://www.sec.gov and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority at http://www.FINRA.org You can review public companies' filings at the SEC's EDGAR page. The FINRA has published information on how to invest carefully at its website.
- Most of the information on our website or that we otherwise provide is derived directly from information published by the companies on which we report and/or from other sources we believe are reliable, without our independent verification. Therefore, we cannot assure you that the information is accurate or complete. The information may contain discussions of, or provide access to, certain positions and recommendations as of a specific date. Due to various factors, including, but not limited to, changing market conditions, such discussions and positions/recommendations may no longer be reflective of current discussions and positions/recommendations. We do not in any way warrant or guarantee the success of or endorse any action which you take in reliance on the information that we provide or that is derived from our website.
- As indicated above, SIR makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on or derived from SIR's website or otherwise provided by SIR. Any links provided to other websites are offered as a matter of convenience and in no way are meant to imply that SIR endorses, sponsors, promotes or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses or warrants any information contained on those sites, unless expressly stated. Furthermore, SIR does not endorse, guarantee or warranty any third party products advertised on its site, in its newsletters, in any third party rental of its permission based lists or otherwise referenced in any information provided by SIR or derived from SIR's website, and SIR expressly disclaims any responsibility and accepts no liability with respect to such information and products. SIR may receive a fee from a service provider that has a link on SIR's website or is referenced in the information provided by SIR.
- SIR limits the number of subscribers allowed in any one trading service in order to reduce the risk that too many traders will attempt identical trades and influence the market by causing the purchase of an excessive number of contracts. Once the SIR subscriber limit is reached, SIR may create a 'clone' of the fully subscribed trading service under the same strategies, guidelines and policies. However, subscribers to the newly created service 'clone' receive information concerning trades unique to that service. Collectively, these services make up a Series. Any alert service name that contains the word 'Series' is subject to this policy. Due to the exclusive nature of our subscription services, your subscription fee is non-refundable.
- Our personnel may own positions and/or trade in the securities mentioned in the information that we provide. However, SIR's policies prohibit all employees of SIR from engaging in any securities transaction that directly or indirectly competes with the interests of our subscribers that are actually known to SIR. We are not compensated in any way for publishing information about companies mentioned in our reports.
- Testimonials may or may not be representative of actual results.
- PERFORMANCE FIGURES
Performance figures are based on actual recommendations made by SIR. Due to the time critical nature of stock, options and futures trading, brokerage fees, and the activity of other subscribers, SIR cannot guarantee that subscribers will mirror the exact performance stated on our track records or promotions. Performance numbers shown are based on trades subscribers could enter based on our tracking guidelines. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance. Therefore, no subscriber or potential subscriber should assume or expect that future performance of any investment or strategy will be profitable or equal historical or anticipated performance levels. The information contained in SIR trading services is intended for use solely by individual subscribers and is not offered to institutional investment organizations.
- LIMITATION ON SIR LIABILITY
To the extent not prohibited by law, each subscriber and potential subscriber agrees, as a condition precedent to accessing or using SIR's website or receiving information provided by SIR, to release and hold harmless SIR and its directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all liability in connection with accessing or using SIR's website or receiving information provided by SIR. In all other cases, SIR's liability to a subscriber, whether in contract, tort, negligence, or otherwise, shall be limited in the aggregate to direct and actual damages of the subscriber, not to exceed the fees received by SIR from the subscriber. SIR will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, punitive, special, exemplary or indirect damages resulting directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance upon any material provided by SIR or derived from SIR's website. Without limitation, SIR shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages related to, either directly or indirectly, (1) any decline in market value or loss of any investment; (2) a subscriber's inability to use or any delay in accessing SIR website or any other source of material provided by SIR; (3) any absence of material on SIR website; (4) SIR's failure to deliver or delay in delivering any material or (5) any kind of error in transmission of material. SIR and each subscriber acknowledge that, without limitation, the above-enumerated conditions cannot be the probable result of any breach of any agreement between SIR and the subscriber.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
ANY AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SIR OR DERIVED FROM SIR'S WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND SIR MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SIR is not affiliated with any brokerage firm and does not endorse or recommend any specific brokerage firm. SIR is not and will not be responsible for any trades made by a broker on the subscriber's behalf under any circumstances.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT
Notwithstanding any other agreement or other communications between SIR and Subscriber to the contrary, receipt or use of any material provided by SIR, at any time and through any means, whether directly or indirectly, represents acknowledgement by such person of this disclaimer and agreement with its terms and conditions.
All submissions from outside contributors on SIR's website are the responsibility of their respective authors, creators, and/or owners. SIR is not responsible for such submissions, and the views and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of SIR. SIR does not guarantee the accuracy or validity of the submissions. While SIR may use its best efforts to review contributor submissions for form and format before they are posted on its website, SIR does not review or edit these submissions for content. SIR makes no representations and provides no warranties whatsoever concerning submissions, and the fact that SIR has posted these outside contributions does not constitute an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by SIR with respect to the author, creator and/or owner of the submissions. SIR expressly disclaims any responsibility and accepts no liability for any information or content provided in these submissions. Please be advised that submissions may be protected by federal and international copyright or other laws, and your right to reprint, republish, modify, reproduce, or distribute this material may be limited accordingly.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Except as otherwise indicated, SIR is the copyright owner of all text and graphics contained on this website. Other parties' trademarks and service marks that may be referred to herein are the property of their respective owners. You may print a copy of the information contained herein for your personal use only, but you may not reproduce or distribute the text or graphics to others or substantially copy the information on your own server, or link to this website, without prior written permission of SIR. Permission to use and reproduce documents and related graphics available from this website is granted, provided that: 1. the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright and this permission notice appear; 2. use and reproduction of documents and related graphics available from this website is limited to personal, non-commercial use; 3. no documents or related graphics, including logos, available from this website are modified in any way; and 4. no graphics, including logos, available from this website are used separate from accompanying text. Use or reproduction for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
- Expectational Analysis® and the "three circle" graphic representing Expectational Analysis® are trademarks (TM) of SIR.
- Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. AP will not be held liable in any way to the User or to any third party or to any other person who may receive information in the Service or to any other person whatsoever, for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing or occasioned thereby.
- TELEPHONE CALL MONITORING AND RECORDING
Schaeffer's Investment Research, Inc. monitors and records all telephone calls made to or from its offices for quality control and training purposes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF S&P DOW JONES INDICES
S&P Dow Jones Indices Terms and Conditions (pdf)