What Personal Information About Customers Does SchaeffersResearch.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your online experience at SchaeffersResearch.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way through sign-up forms or ordering forms for Schaeffer's publications and services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services and features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your web browsing experience for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SchaeffersResearch.com.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features like "Remember Me" for our paying subscribers. Cookies are also utilized during the ordering process to help insure your order is handled correctly.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of SchaeffersResearch.com's coolest features, and may be required to access certain areas of our website.
Does SchaeffersResearch.com Use the Information It Receives?
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of SchaeffersResearch.com customers on behalf of SchaeffersResearch.com and other businesses. When SchaeffersResearch.com does this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify SchaeffersResearch.com by sending an email to email@example.com. In addition, consistent with industry standard practices, SchaeffersResearch.com may share certain contact information with other businesses for their use, for example, in conducting promotional campaigns. If you do not like your contact information shared in this manner, please notify SchaeffersResearch.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Protection of SchaeffersResearch.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce the terms of the Legal Notices that accompany this policy; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SchaeffersResearch.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during the ordering process by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Customer information is stored in our firewall-protected data center which is not directly accessible from the internet.
How can I change my information?
- If you do not want to receive promotional offers, please notify SchaeffersResearch.com by sending an email to email@example.com
- You can contact our Customer Service department about other changes to your information by calling 1-800-327-8833 or by emailing
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of SchaeffersResearch.com features.
- You can add or update certain information as explained above in the section entitled "How can I change my information?".
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify SchaeffersResearch.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
SchaeffersResearch.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use SchaeffersResearch.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Legal Notices & Disclaimers
Options involve risk. Prior to buying or selling an option, an investor must receive a copy of
Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options. Investors need a broker to trade options, and
must meet suitability requirements. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future
performance. Due to the exclusive nature of Schaeffer's Investment Research's services, most
applicable subscription fees are non-refundable. Performance figures are based on actual
recommendations made by Schaeffer's Investment Research. Due to the time critical nature of
options trading, brokerage fees, and the activity of other subscribers, SIR cannot guarantee that
subscribers will mirror the exact performance stated on our track records or promotions.
Performance numbers shown are based on trades subscribers could enter based on our trading
The information and data contained in this website (schaeffersresearch.com) was obtained from
sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy is not guaranteed. Neither the information, nor any
opinion expressed, constitutes a recommendation to purchase or sell a security, or to provide
The terms "Recommendation Services," "Research Services," "Education Products," "Bulletins" and
"Newsletters" all refer to categories of publications by Schaeffer's Investment Research, Inc.
These publications are not to be confused with individualized investment advice. Please consult
with an investment professional, such as your broker or investment advisor, for specific
investment and money management advice tailored to your personal objectives and resources.
Publications by Schaeffer's Investment Research contain references to publicly traded
companies. SIR has no affiliation with these companies and does not benefit in any manner from
related recommendations in its publications.
The information contained on this site is provided for general informational purposes, as a
convenience to the customers of Schaeffer's Investment Research (SIR). The materials are not a
substitute for obtaining professional advice from a qualified person, firm or corporation. Consult
the appropriate professional advisor for more complete and current information. SIR is not
engaged in rendering any legal or professional services by placing these general informational
materials on this website.
SIR specifically disclaims any liability, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise,
for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way
connected with access to or use of the site, even if SIR has been advised of the possibility of
such damages, including liability in connection with mistakes or omissions in, or delays in
transmission of, information to or from the user, interruptions in telecommunications connections
to the site or viruses.
SIR makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the
information contained on this website. Any links provided to other server sites are offered as a
matter of convenience and in no way are meant to imply that SIR endorses, sponsors, promotes
or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses any information
contained on those sites, unless expressly stated.
Schaeffer's Investment Research is the copyright owner of all text and graphics contained on this
website, except as otherwise indicated. Other parties' trademarks and service marks that may be
referred to herein are the property of their respective owners. You may print a copy of the
information contained herein for your personal use only, but you may not reproduce or distribute
the text or graphics to others or substantially copy the information on your own server, or link to
this website, without prior written permission of Schaeffer's Investment Research. Permission to
use and reproduce documents and related graphics available from this website is granted,
provided that: 1. the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright and
this permission notice appear; 2. use and reproduction of documents and related graphics
available from this website is limited to personal, non-commercial use; 3. no documents or
related graphics, including logos, available from this website are modified in any way; and 4. no
graphics, including logos, available from this website are used separate from accompanying text.
Use or reproduction for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil
and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
Subscribers are encouraged to invest carefully and to utilize the information available at the web
sites of the Securities and Exchange Commission at http://www.sec.gov and the National
Association of Securities Dealers at http://www.nasd.com
"10 Days to Successful Options Trading" and "Profitable Options Trading Principles" are
copyright 2001, Schaeffer's Investment Research. All rights reserved.
Expectational Analysis® and the "three circle" graphic representing Expectational Analysis® are
Registered service marks of Schaeffer's Investment Research. All rights reserved.
We use analytics tracking code to support display advertising online, including remarketing. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
We use analytics tools, such as remarketing, and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online sites and/or services. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, and other similar information.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. SchaeffersResearch and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about their Policies and Restrictions.