Bernie Schaeffer: At-a-Glance
Bernie Schaeffer - At-a-Glance
Chairman and CEO of Schaeffer's Investment Research, Inc. (founded in 1981)
- Developed Expectational Analysis a proprietary, three-tiered method of options analysis combining technical and fundamental studies with the analysis of investor sentiment.
- Established Schaeffer's Master Portfolio - Since inception in 2000, Schaeffer's Master Portfolio has returned more than 86%, soundly beating the S&P 500, which returned only +20% over the same time period.
- In 1981, Bernie launched Bernie Schaeffer's Option Advisor - Serving as senior editor since inception, Bernie has led the Option Advisor to become the nation's leading options publication. Features: market commentary, specific trade recommendations and trading strategy.
- Launched SchaeffersResearch.com, in 1997 - A four-time winner of Forbes "Best of the Web" award. The site has also been named the top options website by Barron's and received positive mention in The Wall Street Journal Guide to Online Investing. Features tools, quotes, data, commentary, and education.
- 10 Days to Successful Options Trading and Mastering Advanced Options Strategies - These multimedia home study programs start with options basics and progress to advanced option-trading strategies.
- Stocks 101 CD-Rom - Bernie Schaeffer, with the help of Investopedia, reveals a plethora of information about stock trading. Get everything you need to build your stock portfolio.
- Options 101 CD-ROM - Bernie Schaeffer created a multimedia tour of options trading from the basic fundamentals through advanced market topics, including ten easy-to-follow Cyber Seminars.
- The Option Advisor: Wealth-Building Techniques Using Equity and Index Options (1997) - This is the complete how-to book for trading options, utilizing Bernie's Expectational Analysis trading strategy.
- New Thinking in Technical Analysis: Trading Models from the Masters (2000)- One of twelve authors, Bernie was chosen from hundreds of market analysts to explain his Expectational Analysis methodology.
- SFO Personal Investor Series: Online Trading (2007) - Bernie was one of 28 handpicked authors sharing proven investment strategies for online trading.
- SFO Personal Investor Series: Psychology of Trading (2007) - One of 28 distinguished authors, Bernie shares his methods for using crowd psychology to gain a trading edge.
- Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis: New Thinking from the World's Top Minds (2007) - Bernie was one of only 10 authors sharing the most effective techniques for using technical analysis to forecast the future price direction of stocks, indexes and options.
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of the Traders' Library, 2004 Trader's Hall of Fame Award for his excellence in trading, the creation of his numerous educational programs, and the significant contributions he has made to the field of options trading.
- Selected as one of five esteemed panelists to serve on USA TODAY's 2004 "Investment Roundtable," based on Bernie's stock picks for 2003 which USA TODAY called, "...a perfect bull's-eye!" Bernie's 2004 stock picks returned an average gain of +59%.
- Named "Guru of the Year" for 2003 by Aaron Task of TheStreet.com.
- Made the ONLY successful bearish stock pick in Forbes "Love Only One" Stock Picking Contest 2003.
- Winner of BusinessWeek's 2002 Market Forecast Award, by accurately forecasting year-end levels for the DJIA, NASDAQ and S&P. Bernie finished number one versus 50 top market strategists.
- Ranked the #2 Gold Timer by Timer Digest for the past 10 years.
- Three time winner of The Wall Street Journal stock picking contest.
- Deemed a "bear market hero" by CBSMarketwatch for telling "the bear truth about overpriced stocks" and "consistently questioning conventional wisdom."
- The Market Technician's Association (MTA) awarded Bernie with their "Best of the Best" award for his contributions to the field of Sentiment/Psychological Analysis.
- Bernie's views on the stock market and the economy are regularly quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Investor's Business Daily, and USA Today.
- Both Barron's and The New York Times have featured Bernie in "Question & Answer" interviews.
- Appears regularly on national financial broadcasts such as CNBC, CNN, Bloomberg Television, Fox News Channel, Wall Street Week with Fortune and the Nightly Business Report.
- Frequently invited to speak at national investment conferences and seminars.
- Regularly sits on Options Industry Council panels around the country.
Bernie Schaeffer - At-a-Glance