Stocks quoted in this article:
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDEXDJX:.DJI) has rebounded 208.5 points, or 1.29%, today to 16,376.52, as tension between Russia and Ukraine simmered, easing fears of a possible war in the region. What's more, the S&P 500 Index (SPX) skyrocketed out of the gate, notching a record intraday high of 1,871.44.
Here are a few noteworthy stats at midday:
- The equity put/call volume ratio across all 12 options exchanges stands at 0.67. Roughly 4.57 million calls, compared to about 2.99 million puts, have crossed the tape so far.
- Among the names with call-heavy trading activity today is Office Depot Inc (NYSE:ODP), which has seen all of its intraday options volume change hands on the call side. On the charts, ODP shares are up 2.9% to trade at $5.01, despite a lack of notable news drivers.
- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) shows an advance/decline ratio of 6.84, with advancers outpacing declining stocks by a margin of nearly 7-to-1.
- Among the top outperformers on the NYSE today is JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE:JKS), which is up 13.1% at $34.75, after receiving a price-target hike to $49.20 from $45.60 at Jefferies this morning. The company also reported stronger-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings before yesterday's open.
- The CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) is down 11.1% today to 14.22, after closing yesterday's session at 16.00.
- The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSEARCA:VXX) has fallen 6.1% today to $43.48. Meanwhile, the ETN's put/call volume ratio stands at 1.11, with put volume slightly outpacing call volume.
View a real-time chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDEXDJX:.DJI).