Schaeffer's Trading Floor Blog

Buzz Stocks: Facebook Inc (FB), Yahoo! Inc, AutoNavi Holdings Ltd (ADR), and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc.

Today's stocks to watch in the news include FB, YHOO, AMAP, and GMCR

by 2/10/2014 9:02 AM
Stocks quoted in this article:

Futures are pointed lower this morning, as investors look ahead to Fed Chair Janet Yellen's testimony before the House Financial Services Committee tomorrow. In company news, here are some stocks to watch today:

  • The Chronicle of Philanthropy has declared Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, 2013's most generous givers. Last December, the couple donated 18 million FB shares -- worth upwards of $970 million -- to a nonprofit organization in Silicon Valley. (SFGate)

  • According to The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) has enlisted Yelp Inc (NYSE:YELP) to help make the former's local search engine results more robust. Specifically, YHOO's search engine will begin incorporating YELP listings and reviews within the next few weeks. (Reuters)

  • Chinese Internet firm Alibaba has submitted an all-cash bid to acquire mapping software company AutoNavi Holdings Ltd (ADR) (NASDAQ:AMAP). Alibaba already owns a 28% stake in AMAP, but by purchasing the other 72%, hopes to secure a more prominent place within the mapping industry. (The New York Times)

  • Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD) coffee is coming to Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc.'s (NASDAQ:GMCR) Keurig home brewing system. "At GMCR, we're committed to partnering with the best brands in the marketplace to bring consumers the beverages they love at the touch of a button," said GMCR President and CEO Brian P. Kelley. "Working with Krispy Kreme welcomes a beloved brand into our family and promises consumers that the quality and taste they expect from Krispy Kreme are there with each and every brew." (The Wall Street Journal)

  • Also, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS) and Loews Corporation (NYSE:L) reported quarterly earnings. (Reuters)

  • Finally, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Given Imaging Ltd.'s (NASDAQ:GIVN) PillCam for medical use. The pill-shaped capsule has cameras affixed to both ends, which take images of a patient's digestive system, and allow doctors to perform more thorough colonoscopies. (Mashable)


permanent link
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Partner Center

© 2014 Schaeffer's Investment Research, Inc. 5151 Pfeiffer Road, Suite 250, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242 Phone: (800) 448-2080 FAX: (513) 589-3810 Int'l Callers: (513) 589-3800 Email: service@sir-inc.com

All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any SIR publication is strictly prohibited.

Market Data provided by QuoteMedia.com | Data delayed 15-20 minutes unless otherwise indicated.