The Art of Contrary Thinking
Bernie Schaeffer proclaims, “This book profoundly changed the way I approach investing.” Avoid thinking like the crowd – and profit from your independence.
- Change the way you trade
- Learn why the crowd is usually wrong
- 100% money-back guarantee
THE BOOK THAT STARTED IT ALL
"This book profoundly changed the way I approach investing."
- Bernie Schaeffer
AVOID THINKING LIKE THE CROWD AND PROFIT FROM
Contrary opinion is the key to Bernie Schaeffer's successful Expectational Analysis® approach.
Read this book to understand why!
- The Crowd is Usually Wrong: As Neill writes, "The ‘crowd' is most enthusiastic and optimistic when it should be cautious and prudent; and is most fearful when it should be bold."
- But Understanding the Crowd is Critical to Trading Success:When you correctly predict the future price movement of a stock, your profits will soar! Measuring and evaluating the sentiment of the crowd is key to successful trading, because it is the crowd that has the greatest effect on the future price movement of the stock.
- Learn how to think critically and avoid being seduced by the obvious.
- Discover the practical uses for contrary thinking for forecasting market movements.
"When everybody thinks alike,
Everyone is likely to be wrong."
As evidence of the above quote, Humphrey B. Neill, references Holland's incredible "Tulipmania," and the New York stock market crash in 1929 as examples of mass hysteria. This radical text, written in 1954, applies contrary thinking to everything from the stock market crash of 1921 to the presidential election of 1952, to the start of World War II.
It is surprising how much history repeats itself. In an example eerily similar to the Gulf War and the War in Iraq, Neill points out the danger in assuming that past events are accurate predictors of the future. In the years immediately following the close of World War II, popular forecasts predicted a business recession similar to that experienced post World War I. What actually happened was a business boom, not a business bust!
Understanding The Art of Being a Contrarian
Neill's Theory of Contrary Opinion began as his attempt to understand and predict economic trends. By reading THE ART OF CONTRARY THINKING you'll understand what contrary opinion is, how to apply it to the markets when investing, and how it can aid you in your critical thinking.
"Mr. Neill lays out in short, specific chapters, his arguments for why popular opinions often times turn out to be wrong, while the opposite, contrary opinion, would turn out to be correct
...a clear framework of how one assesses what the 'popular' opinion is, and how to teach yourself not to get caught up in the herd and to think independently."
- Robert Stoll Amazon.com Customer Review
"As I said earlier, Humphrey Neill's The Art of Contrary Thinking is the classic work on contrarianism. I highly recommend it to you, as it explains the contrarian philosophy in clear, concise terms and provides some fascinating stock market history in the process."
- Bernie Schaeffer Chairman, Schaeffer's Investment Research Author of The Option Advisor
Order your copy today!
|The Art of Contrary Thinking ||$10.95